Monday, September 26, 2011

Wonderful Fall Weekend!!

Friday, I went shopping with my friend (and neighbor) Kaarin in Wichita and Newton.  We stopped by Healthy Baby Boutique, Goodwill, and Furniture Factory Outlet in Wichita.  Then we were briefly in the Wichita Ghetto looking for a furniture store!  We had lunch at KFC, and then went to the Carter's outlet in Newton before heading home.  We arrived home just seconds before my mom and dad pulled up... in fact, we passed them while on post by going a different route!

The Thinker


Did Clara just poop?

Sitting on her own.

Clara and Grammy

Fort Riley Apple Day Festival was on Saturday.  I knew my parents would like to go because my dad had always joked that he never saw anyone in uniform when he had visited before, so he would be able to see some uniforms that day.  He did really enjoy it.  We saw Army vehicles, helicopters, working dogs, color guard, and reenactments among many other things.  My dad also loved all of the expo booths with "free crap" and now he has many, many more coolie cups.

Apache helicopter

Blackhawk helicopter

Kiowa helicopter

My mom taking a picture of me taking a picture of her taking a picture.... with Clara.

A mortar tube, my dad, Caleb, and me taking a picture of my mom taking a picture of me taking a picture.... hehe.
Caleb by the Caiman like the ones he rode in while he was in Iraq.
The Caiman

A Bradley

Me inside the Bradley
A Paladin

My dad playing putt putt golf in drunk goggles

And again

Caleb and I also got to go on a date on Saturday.  My mom and dad watched Clara while we were gone.  It was nice for them to get some time with her, and it was nice for us to get away alone.  We went to Noodle and Company (yes, it is OPEN in Manhattan now), Hastings, and Cold Stone.  It was a GREAT date!  The Mizzou - Oklahoma game started at 7pm while we were still out on our date, so Caleb tracked it on his phone, we listened to it on the radio in the car, and Caleb tracked in online when we got home.  We ended up losing, but we play a WHOLE lot better than anyone thought we would against the number 1 team.  (Sorry about the blurry pictures below, my mom forgot to turn her flash back on.)

This is what my parents did while we were on our date.

Clara really enjoyed herself.


Tracking the game!

 On Sunday, we went to church at Crestview Christian Church.  It was the first time that my parents had been to church with us while they were here.  They especially wanted to attend with us on this Sunday because Clara got dedicated!  (For those of you who don't know, it is really bright on the church stage!)  Clara wanted to talk during the sermon, so I had to leave the sanctuary until the praise team started singing again.  And, after church, we went to eat lunch at McAlister's.

At church

While we were on stage with Pastor Devin for Clara's dedication.




It was such a great weekend!  Hopefully this week is just as great!

A few things going on this week:
- hanging out with my friend Amy
- PWOC
- workouts
- personal training sessions
- meeting with Clara's new Parent Educator (from Parents as Teachers)
- girls night with friends OR girls night with women from Caleb's unit


Can't wait to tell you all about it!

1 comment:

  1. Love!! It makes my heart smile to see a baby dedicated. Great post!

    ReplyDelete