Thursday, September 8, 2011

Exciting first post!!

Okay Adrien, I have done it!!  I have made a blog and I promise (consider this a virtual pinky swear... haha!) that I will keep up with it.  I am SO excited!  I have A LOT of catch up to do... almost 4 months worth, but luckily I have my memory calendar to look at.  I will start with Clara's birth story next post, but first let me introduce myself.

My name is Emily Mahan-Riggs.  I am 24 years old, and married to Caleb Riggs.  He is in the Army (active duty), and we live in Fort Riley, Kansas.  We were married May 8, 2009, took our honeymoon to Antigua in July, and he was deployed to Iraq at the end of August 2009.  While he was gone, I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks (due to our child having 69 chromosomes instead of the normal 46-- called triploidy).  While he was gone, I had 2 D & Cs, a knee arthroscopy, lost 50 pounds, and got a job at the Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Lab.  When he came home at the beginning of August 2010, we got pregnant right away (YAY)!  Clara Rachel Riggs was born on May 14, 2011.  She joins our furry daughter, Sookie, who was 2 years old in March.

That's me in a nutshell!  I can't wait to get to share with everyone, but for now, I need to go get Clara up from her nap.  A mommy's work is never done!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment