Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Artsy Pictures

Before Clara was born, we decided to buy a new camera.  We didn't want another point and shoot camera.  We I wanted a camera with interchangeable lenses and one that I could manually choose the settings.  After Caleb's extensive research, we decided the best camera for our pocket book was a Canon T2i.  We just happened to make this purchase right after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, so we almost didn't get our camera choice.  Caleb had seen the camera at Target for the cheapest that he had found anywhere.

So, on our way to church one Sunday, we stopped by Target to check it out.  There was a T2i on display, but it had a disclaimer on it.  I can't remember exactly what the disclaimer said, but it basically said that because of the earthquake and tsunami, there were no more of the T2i's available to be sold and they would be out of stock for an unknown amount of time.  That was when the salesperson tried to get us interested in the T3.  (Caleb DID NOT want that camera, but to appease the salesperson, we were going to look at it anyway... and I was super excited to look at any camera.)  The salesperson opened up the drawer below the display case and to his surprise (and our good fortune) there was one more T2i left!!  We were sold!!

I was SO giddy at church that day and couldn't wait to get my hands on it when we got home.  Unfortunately, I was not patient enough to fully read the instructions, I thought manual meant manual focus, and for some reason I didn't get to meet with Angela Ashcraft to help me to learn how to use my camera until after Clara was born.  Therefore, I only took fuzzy pictures the first oh I'd say about a month of Clara's life!  It is sad really!  But then, Angela showed me how to use it, and I haven't looked back!

I LOVE taking pictures of scenery and not much of people.  I feel like I can't react quickly enough to do the manual settings how I like them when photographing people, whereas scenery doesn't move.  I find that I drive down the road looking for things that would be good in a picture.  So, here is a sample of my artsy pictures that I have taken.  I hope you like them, and please let me know what you think!

These next few are from along the trail close to my house... I do live in the sunflower state after all.








Can't forget to salute America!




These next two were taken while touring the Old Idaho State Penitentiary.


2 comments:

  1. Love the pics especially of the sunflower and bug. I love the fuzzy background that makes you focus on the flower. You have a talent with this.

    ReplyDelete