Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I HATE shots!!! (HAPPY 4 MONTH-DAY baby girl!!)

Today is Clara's 4 month birthday!!!  YAY!!

She is getting SO big!!!  She weighs 15 pounds 8 ounces, 25.5 inches, and had a head circumference of 17 inches.  The first time the nurse measured her length, she was 26.5 inches which was 100% for her age... the doctor remeasured her and she was 1 inch shorter.  She is in the 96 percentile for her length and head circumference and in the 94th percentile for her weight.  She got her second round of shots today, too: DTap, HepB, IPV, PCV, HIB, and Rotavirus.  When the nurse started giving them to her, she opened her mouth to cry and her head started getting red, but no sound was coming out.  I tried to blow on her face to get her to breath, but she didn't until the nurse was totally done giving the shots.  After that, I picked her up, hugged her, and fed her.  When the doctor came by and saw the door was closed, she came in to make sure that everything was okay.  Clara was back to her smiley self by then!  We came home, I gave her some (off-brand) Tylenol, and now she is sleeping.  Poor little girl! 

I also got my flu shot today.  Luckily I have asthma, so I got to be given the inactive shot instead of the the active nasal spray version (which is the kind that Caleb gets and hates).  I hope it works again this year like it did last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment