Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Weekend... and then some

How was my weekend you ask?  Well, I'll tell you: busy!

Friday night Caleb's Squadron had a hail and farewell we went to.  It was at the Squadron Commander's house.  I just love being around Caleb's friends; it is like I'm seeing into his work world that I miss out on when I'm away from him all day.  But, at this hail and farewell, I was mostly inside with the other wives somewhat because they wanted to see Clara and also because it was super buggy.  After quite a bit of waiting (and talking), the food was finally finished, and we enjoyed: pulled beef, green beans, chips, chicken enchilada dip, potato salad, and many, many other things along with cookies and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert.  This was also where I learned that I am going to be a germaphobic mama this winter (aka cold and flu season)!  Some of the other wives and I were a little late to the presentation part of the hail and farewell, so we sat on the steps of the house.  We were able to look out over everyone that was there.  It was fun to feel important!  We left the event just in time to catch the Mizzou football game.

Saturday we were lazy... and we watched college football.  And, I got everything ready for my friends Danelle, Ava, Raina, and Danelle's step-dad Kevin to come back to Fort Riley and stay with me for a night before getting the keys to their new 3 bedroom house.  She had been living in Georgia for the year while her husband, Richard was deployed.  I was SO excited to see Ava again (I had not seen her since she was about 18 months old).  And, I had never met Raina yet.

Sunday, we went to church, went to the store... and then watched some pro football.  (Welcome to my life during the fall and winter...)  Danelle got back here at around 9pm.  It was SO great to see them again.  Sookie had a GREAT time with Pancake and BB (Danelle's dogs that are also lab mixes).  Ava, Pancake, BB, and Sookie ran around for quite awhile to burn off some energy... they had been in the car for 16 hours!  Raina enjoyed some time scooting around the floor, too.  (Clara was still awake, but VERY sleepy at that point.)

Monday, I watched Raina and Ava while Danelle and Kevin moved things into their new house (starting at 2pm).  Let me tell you, I am VERY happy that I did not have twins!  When Caleb got home, he took Raina over to Danelle so that she could get fed and he took her place helping to move things from storage to her new house.  I watched Ava and Clara and made dinner before walking over to their house.  I am apparently not used to having a potty trained kid because I did not ask Ava to use the potty before we left, so when we got to about 1/4 of a mile away (give or take a little bit) and she started telling me that she had to go potty I knew that we were in trouble.  Now, one thing I do know, is that when a little kid tells you that they need to go potty, they need to go potty now.  I had two choices: stop at a random house or go back to my own for her to go to the bathroom.  So, we ran... FAST.  I wanted to ditch the stroller that was carrying the food I was taking with us.  And, for a little while, I carried her on my hip (would have been a lot easier if I didn't have Clara in the carrier on the front of me).  But, finally we got home and she went to the bathroom (no accidents).  Then, we restarted our walk... Ava road in the stroller this time!  Once we got to Danelle's new house, we took a tour.  The 3 bedroom houses on Wofford really are nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment