Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap up PLUS -- 11-16!

This weekend was SO much fun!  We went to Illinois to visit my parents, and on the way home, we met up with Caleb's parents and step-mom.

On Friday, we got to my parents' house around 4pm after driving since 7:30am with a stop to eat lunch at TGI Friday's and get a free meal.  We had a thanksgiving dinner that night since we will be going to Caleb's mom's house for Thanksgiving this year.  Clara ate avocado, although my dad wanted her to eat anything else, like meat!

Not yet, little girl!

On Saturday, my cousin Mark and his daughter Rebecca stopped by for a visit.  Mark also brought two 9mm Glocks and a .38 Ruger with him.  The two 9mm Glocks were two different sizes... I will call them big and mid-size... the Ruger was small.)  They were A LOT of fun to shoot.  We shot at paper plates, and my first time shooting was my best... I went downhill from there.  I also could only not jam the mid-size gun, so that was the one that I shot the most.  Caleb mostly shot the big one, and Mark mostly shot the little one.

Rebecca and Clara

Mark and Clara

While we were shooting, my mom and dad were inside playing with Clara.  Now, I know most of you haven't experienced a baby in cloth diapers, but it makes babies' butts pretty big and padded.  Because of that, if you pat it, they probably won't feel it.  My mom decided to put a name to the patting of the padded butt: The Bum Drum.  Love.It!  My dad had fun patting out some rockin' tunes on The Bum Drum.  Clara also tried sweet potatoes for the first time.  She didn't really like them at first, but I had her try them again on Sunday and she liked them a lot better then! 

Peek-a...

...BOO!!

Hi, Grandpa!

Grammy and Clara

Pants on the head!

Sweet potatoes are...

...not good!

On Sunday, we stopped by my grandparents' house before heading to Missouri.  We stopped in Columbia to see Caleb's dad.  We ate at my favorite restaurant, Ruby Tuesday, with Caleb's dad, step-mom, step-brother Jessee, step-sister-in-law Missy, and step-nephew Benson.  They are super fun, and I am glad that we got see them!  Upon leaving the restaurant, Caleb missed the turn to go to our hotel, so instead we took a drive through tour of Columbia to see what all had changed.  It turns out that a lot had changed since Caleb had graduated (2008), but not too much had changed since I had (2009)... just enough to make you feel old!

Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Mahan



On Monday, we stopped by Caleb's mom's house on the final leg of our journey home.  I was able to get some pictures off of her computer from when Clara was a week old (I didn't know how to use my camera then, so all of my pictures are blurry), and from all the other times that we had seen her since Clara was born.  Clara and I both got naps on the car ride back to Kansas.  When we picked Sookie up at the (awesome) kennel, I asked how much she had limped on her back legs (from her patella subluxation).  They said most of the time.  That makes this momma sad.

We had a great weekend!  Tune in tomorrow for Clara's 6 month update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment