Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Car Seats and Sleep... HELP!!

At Clara's six month check up she was almost 18 pounds and just over 26 inches.  She currently rides in style in her Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat, but that is only good to use with her until she is 30 pounds OR 30 inches.  So, we have until she grows just over three more inches (since I'm assuming that she will do that before she gains 12 pounds).  I am now on a quest to find her a convertible car seat that can last her a while, but it also has to be safe.  Unfortunately, this weekend at Toys R Us there was a 20% off car seats sale and I didn't buy one!  I went to Topeka on Saturday, but I hadn't had time to do my research on what is the best convertible car seat.  I looked at them while I was at the store and I liked the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1, but it will also be on sale for Black Friday so I thought that I would just come back then and get a better deal on it. 

Once I got home, I actually did some research and I was able to decide on the right car seat for us: Britax Boulevard 70.  But, I still had the 20% off car seats in store only coupon!  I didn't want to drive an hour away to get to the store if they didn't have my car seat.  So, I called customer service to see if it was at that store... it wasn't.  And, I couldn't use the coupon online.  Aw, man!!  What makes it worse is that I have a $10 off of $100 purchase coupon and there are sometimes 20% off on one item coupons, but they can't be used on Britax.  Gah!  Now, we are on a mission to find the cheapest place to get it.  Let me know if you can help us out (if you have one that is not expired that you want to sell us, have ideas where it would be cheapest, etc)!!

I think it would be super fun to get this in Cowmooflage... but Caleb doesn't think so!

Last night was one of the worst nights for sleeping in a while now.  Clara woke up at 11:15pm and didn't get back to sleep for three hours!  I fed her, had Caleb try, changed her diaper, played with her, fed her again, had Caleb try again, and fed her one more time all while giving her a few minutes in between picking her up each time to try to get herself back to sleep.  She finally did go back to sleep after the last feeding, and she woke up at 9:30am with a huge blow out... so much so that she had to get a bath this morning!  The consensus among some of my friends so far is that she had an upset stomach.  If you have any input, please let me know... this mama needs to be able to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment