Monday, November 21, 2011

Hail and Farewell, Topeka, and Breaking Dawn

That is my weekend in a nut shell.

Two of the wonderful ladies in 1-4 CAV were farewelled along with their husbands on Friday.  They are still around (at least for a little while), but my coffees won't be the same without them.  We will miss you Shauna and Bridget! 



I had a very proud moment on Friday at the hail and farewell: Clara's behavior was complimented.  We were seated in the back of the room since we had arrived after many people (dang K-18 traffic).  Clara sat in a high chair and played with her toys while the hails and farewells were going on.  When the festivities were over, we walked to the front of the room where one of the guys in the unit commented, "There was a baby back there?  We had no idea!"  Thanks!  That made me feel awesome!

My friend Kaarin needed to buy a dress to wear to a military ball, so we went to Topeka on Saturday.  I jump at any chance to go to Topeka because it's mall actually has stores that people would want to shop at, and there is a Red Robin.  Going there also makes you start to feel like you actually don't live in the middle of Kansas... although it is by no means as good as Kansas City (Missouri... haha).  I was very impressed that she was able to find a dress at the first place that we went (she is due in January, so that makes it a bit harder to find a dress that fits and looks good).  And, the dress is not maternity!  After finding the dress, we stopped in Burlington Coat Factory and JC Penney just to make sure that we couldn't find something better... we couldn't.  And, we also stopped at The Children's Place, Gymboree, Gap, and Toys/Babies R Us just to browse.  It was a fun day!  

What made it even better was that Clara was not with me!  She was having a Daddy Day with Caleb.  When I was super excited about not having to take her with me, Caleb asked me, "Do you hate your child?"  No, I love her with all of my heart, but sometimes it is just really REALLY nice to not have to lug her around while shopping.  But, that did create its own set of problems (my fellow breastfeeding mothers will understand)... I had a painful ride home!


As many of you may know, Breaking Dawn Part 1 came out on the 18th, so some friends and I went to see it on Sunday.  (Yes, you guess right: another Daddy Day for Clara!!)  It was SO good!!  Sadly, I was unable to finish all of the books before seeing it, but luckily, I don't know how it ends.  I will be finishing the series soon, and I can't wait to find out how everything plays out.  After seeing the movie, we went to Olive Garden for a late lunch/early supper.  I had the chicken scampi which I had never had before last night.  I will definitely get it again, and I recommend it.  Next time, I may ask if I can get whole grain pasta instead of white and grilled chicken instead of breaded.



All in all, I had a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment