Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Green Monster...

... looks like this, right?


Good ol' Fenway Park!

But, Saturday night, The Green Monster took on a new identity:


Scary monster, eh? 


You guessed it, she didn't have butternut squash.  I was totally wanting her to have butternut squash as her next food after oatmeal.  Then, she woke up from her nap and I hadn't even started to make her food yet.  Butternut squash takes um-teen minutes to prep for baking, 45 minutes to bake, then another um-teen minutes to puree, and I had a hungry baby on my hands.  Avocado, however, took about ten minutes total.  All I had to do was cut it, de-pit it, scoop out the meat, and mash up with a fork.  It was glorious!  I do not like avocado, so the smell was not so glorious.  But, the little lady LOVED it!!  She gobbled it right down!  I promise, the next food she gets WILL be butternut squash... I'm making it later today for her to eat tomorrow.  I hope she likes it just as much! 




1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I actually really love avocado - glad she does, too!

    ReplyDelete