Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up plus some tidbits!

Yes, I know that I am a day late in my weekend wrap-up.  Like I said on Friday, I have been reading the Twilight series and I would like to get it done before I see the next movie in theaters.  Well, that is what I have been doing every time that Clara naps now, so I have been falling behind in many other things.  Stephenie Meyer, you write good books!! 

So, let's see, what did I do this weekend?  Well, Friday night Caleb, Clara, and I went out to Old Chicago with his friends.  I TOTALLY recommend the artisan pizza they make there.  I had mine with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, and red onions... YUMMY!!  My night was ended by reading Twilight in bed. 

Saturday, I went to the gym and worked out while Caleb stayed home to watch Clara.  It was SO great to just work out and not have to worry if Clara was staying happy.  Boy, I felt the burn!!  I did a lot of crunches, too.  When I got done with them, an older lady told me, "you have a nice floor routine."  Um, gee, thanks, I guess.  I got back home to Caleb watching college football and tracking the Mizzou game on the computer since it was on FX, but that is not one of the channels in our TV package.  Later that day, I went to my church's (Crestview Christian Church in Manhattan) Fall Fun Day.  I took my friend/neighbor, Kaarin with me, and I worked some on Clara's scrapbook.  It is coming along nicely, but I have yet to totally finish any pages.  Seriously, Hannah and Celeste, I need scrapbooking time!!  Then, I got home and we watched the Cardinals game before going to bed.  As much as Texas fans want to say that the blown call at 1st base cost them the game, I don't think that is true at all!  There was only one out at the time and the ending score was 16-7 with Cardinals on top.  So, even if that runner would have been out, the score still would have been 15-7!  Again, I read Twilight right before falling asleep.

Sunday felt like Monday, which is no good!  I slept horribly Saturday night, so I took a nap from 8 to 10am (when Clara was sleeping).  Caleb left for work at 9am (he was on staff duty), so that left me and Clara at home like any other day.  (See why it felt like Monday to me?)  I didn't get to church since I was napping when I usually would be at church.  Caleb came home for lunch and then later in the evening he stayed to relax and sleep for a few hours.  We watched some NFL games and the Cardinals game.  I love the Cardinals, but the Rangers' pitcher Holland was pretty darn good!!  I finished up Twilight and moved on to New Moon that night.

Yesterday, I had a nice day.  I had a workout with my friends Kim and Danelle (plus all of our kiddos).  Then, I had a commissary run, watched the first part of Kim Kardashian's wedding with my friends Kaarin and Meghan, and went to one of the most well attended FRG meetings that there have been in a while.  We ended the night watching another Cardinals game.  And, right before going to bed, I read more of New Moon.

 Today, I went to PWOC... well I was late, but I caught the tail end of fellowship time and was able to be there for all of my class.  Between the dog keeping me up at night because she is scared of the wind, staying up late reading, Clara waking up at 4am wanting to eat, and Caleb waking up at 5:30am to go to PT I really didn't sleep very well.  That meant that I didn't wake up and get out of bed until after Clara was awake at 8am, and we took our morning very slowly.  I came home from that and took Caleb lunch, since he couldn't get away from his office, while Clara napped at home (Kaarin sat with her while I was gone).  Then, I was able to get almost 100 more pages read in New Moon!  Yeah! 

Some other little tidbits:
I realized this weekend that in order for Caleb to be around when the Christmas tree goes up and have it be up for Christmas, we will have to put it up the day after Thanksgiving!  (It just feels SO wrong to put it up before Thanksgiving... it even feels wrong to put it up so quickly after, too.)

My tree never looks this good...
 I also came to the realization this morning that Clara will be 6 months old in three weeks from yesterday!  Man, time is flying!!  (Which reminds me, I need to schedule her well baby appointment so she can get her shots.) 

I REALLY need to get some picture frames so that I can put pictures of Clara on the walls. 

Also, Clara doesn't like to roll over some days.  I don't understand why... I make a HUGE deal about it every time!

I am kind of sad that the Parent Educator from the Parents as Teachers program had to cancel her visit this week.  She is sick and going to the doctor today, so I am GLAD she is not coming.  But still, I was looking so forward to it.  Next week she will come though!  :)

Okay, I think that that is all for today!  See you tomorrow, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment