Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up -- 12-12!

My eye is twitching!!!  It is driving me insane.  I hope it is better soon.  I also have a cold now... lovely.  I hope I get better... or at least my cough calms down before I leave for Illinois.  Oh, and I'm not a fan of the fact that all the awesome cold medicines dry up breastfeeding mama's (like myself) milk supply... which means I can't take anything.  So, Angela, if you know any alternative cold remedies, PLEASE let me know!   

I can't wait for Friday to confess this because it is just too good: I confess that Saturday night, Clara was scooting around playing when I looked down and found her sucking on Sookie's bone... YUM!!! 

I am really hoping that this week goes by quickly because I have butterflies in my stomach about the outcome of selection for Caleb.  Like really, fly by days please!!

This weekend, we went to Amelia's 2nd birthday party.  It was loud awesome!  Hannah throws some great parties!!  Clara got a bow and a tutu, and she looks absolutely adorable in them.  I am sad, though, that I didn't even get a chance to try the cute pink cupcakes.


My friend (and former co-worker) Angie came over Saturday afternoon and stayed overnight.  We watched Law & Order: Criminal Intent, played with Clara, and just chatted.  It was a fun, relaxing time.

Sunday, I didn't go to church.  I figured that everyone there would like me to keep my germs to myself... especially with the fact that I could barely talk that morning.

 Today, I start on my cleaning week.  This house HAS to be clean for when Caleb comes home.  Too bad I don't really feel like doing anything at all. 

Aaaannnddd, now my arm is twitching.  I guess that's my cue to go.  I hope this day flies by!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I had no idea that cold medicine could dry up your milk supply. Good to know! Clara is adorable, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, cold medicine can and so can allergy medicine. Plus, some inhalers can make your milk turn radioactive. Check out www.lactmed.gov and search the ingredients in the medications you are thinking about taking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, I've definitely taken allergy medicine while nursing. I know I have gone through periods where I've produced less than usual...duh, maybe that was a contributing factor.

    ReplyDelete