Saturday, December 17, 2011

An End to Three Daddy-less Weeks... AND Confession Saturday 12-17!

Thursday morning at 7:30, I got a text from Caleb.  He had finished the Selection course... but he was not selected.  He got Involuntarily Withdrawn (IVW) because of peer evaluations on the day they decided who got selected and who didn't.  According to paperwork we got before he went, Captains are allowed to try again if they get an IVW... we both hope that he will have that option.  So, now he has to decide what he wants to do and if he really does want to go back.  I think he does, but I am fine with anything that he decides.  He came home Thursday night at 11:30pm to Kansas City.  He lost some weight, got scratched up a bit, and is really tired, but nothing that won't heal.  I am SO incredibly proud of him for finishing the course even if he didn't get selected!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, my confessions:

I confess that when Caleb texted on Thursday morning, I thought that he was seriously hurt because he said he couldn't talk and that it was bad news.  It ended up that I was just a super worried wife... and luckily he texted one of his friends what actually happened, so when I found out what really was going on I was able to calm down.

I confess that if he doesn't want to or doesn't get to go back to selection, we are staring down the barrel of a deployment and that scares me!

I confess that we think that Clara said "Ma" and "Og" and "Ba" today in the right contexts!!  (That would be Mom, dog, and bottle for those of you who don't speak baby.)

I confess that I was hurrying to get Clara's diapers done today since she only had one left.  Once they got done in the washer, I realized that I was missing four diapers... so really we have five diapers left.  WHEW!!!

I confess that Clara's new car seat is two days away.  And what did Caleb say when I told him that?  "You should've had it shipped right away instead of waiting so we could have had it on this trip.  Gah!!  I never win!

I confess that when I took Clara to the doctor on Friday to get her flu shot booster, she weighed 19 pounds and is 28 inches long!!  Our little girl is getting to be not too little anymore!

Have a great rest of your weekend!  I'll be in Florida next week... exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment