Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Lovely Weekend!!

Caleb is home!  He got home on Saturday evening.  Clara knew who he was and walked to him right at the airport... just how I had imagined!  It has been nice to have him home... but then again, after three weeks of doing things my way, it is a little difficult having him around at times!

We are moving Fort Benning, Georgia in a little less than a month (AHHHHHH!!!) where Caleb will be going to the Maneuver Captain's Career Course.  (We should get an RFO - Request For Orders - today or tomorrow, and that's when we will know for sure about when his school will start.)   Mom and Dad are pretty excited that both of their children will be within two hours of each other!

I am REALLY excited about moving and living somewhere new!  I have started to organize and clean around the house to make it easier to pack later.  (For Earth Day, I recycled a TON of papers we no longer needed.)  We have decided to do a DITY (do it yourself) move this time, although Caleb has insisted that he will NOT be driving a UHaul this time (which means we are looking into moving with something like a POD).  With a DITY move, the Army will pay us to move ourselves instead of having their movers move us.  They pay us according to weight, so the other day as I'm organizing and cleaning out stuff that needs to be thrown away, Caleb says to me, "I should just make you organize and clean after we move so that we have more weight."  Very funny, honey!!

Yesterday, Caleb and I went for a walk around our neighborhood.  When we got the stroller out of the garage, I told him that we probably would need more boxes for packing.  Once we got back from our walk, I checked my Facebook.  My friend, Jean, had posted that her neighbor had a TON of boxes out by the curb for trash/recycling pick up day.  When she said a TON, she meant a TON!!  I asked the people who lived in the house if I could take some, and of course they said YES.  The man even loaded quite a few in the bed (and extended cab) of his truck for me!  When I left, it barely even looked like I had put a dent into their collection of boxes.  Caleb is pretty disappointed that we can no longer park in the garage.  Thanks again for posting about the boxes, Jean!!

This is before I took any boxes.  Unfortunately, I didn't take an after picture.

So now, to back track.  Before Caleb got home, on Friday night, I went to the 1-4 CAV ball.  Yes, I went to the ball by myself.  I got to the hotel where the ball was being held a little late.  Once I parked, I saw a woman in a dress, so I assumed that she was there for the ball as well.  I asked her where to go for it, and she pointed me in the right direction.  When I got to the conference center, I looked for my name on the seating chart outside.  My name was not there!  I had only decided to go to the ball two weeks prior to the ball, and they had told me that they had a spot for me, but I didn't know where that spot was.  At that point, the woman I saw in the parking lot saw me again.  Luckily, she said that her table had two empty seats and I could sit by her.  She and her husband, along with the other people at the table, were very nice to me, so I am very thankful for that!

This ball was the best that I have gone to yet... and I've only gone to two!  The food was GREAT!!  And, there was a DJ (the last one I went to had a random soldier with a computer playing the music off of computer speakers).  I really enjoyed dancing and talking to people.  It was a good night!


My friend Amy and I at the ball.
 
Saturday morning, I went to the Salina Zoo with my friend Jessy and her her three kids.  It was a lot of fun, and it kept my mind off of Caleb coming home later that day.  I really like how close you can get to some of the animals at that zoo, and it is small enough to see everything in just a few hours!  Thanks so much for going with me and driving, Jessy!!

It's SO cool that the Salina Zoo has a giraffe feeding station!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, so much moving - but so exciting! I'm glad you're all together again. :D

    ReplyDelete