Thursday, April 12, 2012

Illnois Visit: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!!

Sorry this has taken so long to get published here.  I was first crazy busy, then I wrote it all and had pictures added, and tried to publish it... and it was all erased!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, the outcome of the poll:  The votes were counted and it was Option 1 = 7 and Option 2 = 8.  SO close!!  Then, Option 2 didn't fit on the book cover copies, Caleb told me that he liked the first one (since it was simple), and a trusted source (who likes to write and is good at it) voted for number 1... which made NUMBER 1 the WINNER!!  Thank you to all for your help!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clara and I left for Illinois after going to her doctor appointment and getting the all clear that she was on the mend.  This was after I stayed up to one o'clock in the morning trying to get the car packed.  So, I was very tired on the seven hour trip, but luckily, so was Clara so she slept almost the whole way.  We made just two brief stops: one in Booneville, Missouri to eat and one in Columbia, Missouri to pick up some baby girl clothes for UBER cheap.  (Thanks again Meghan!!)  Once we got back on the road, Clara actually slept for the remaining three hour trip.


Once we got home, my mom had pork chops and broccoli and rice casserole waiting for us as my birthday meal.  YUMMY!!  Clara tried pork for the first time, and she gobbled down TONS of broccoli like it was going out of style!

The rest of the night was spent playing with Clara.  My parents thought that Clara needed a baby doll, so they got out the Baby Beans that I had when I was younger for her to play with.  She was SO cute playing with it!





On Wednesday, we went shopping.  My mom and I counted up how many stops we made: 13 total.  They were: Fed Ex, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, Party City, JoAnn's, Archivers, Ruby Tuesday, Big KMart, Babies R Us, Toys R Us, Jackman's Fabric, Scrapbook Factory, and Coldstone.  We picked up the birthday cake that I have been eying for quite a while now: cookie dough delirium.  It was VERY rich, but VERY yummy!!  And, my mom and I were the only ones who ate it... that's A LOT of cake!  However, I TOTALLY recommend it!






Later that night, we found out what toy my parent's dog will play with: Clara's duck beanie baby.  They have had her for 4 years and she hasn't really ever played with anything until now.  It was super fun to watch her play fetch with it!  We tried to replicate it with other beanie babies, but they weren't the same.





Thursday morning, when Clara first woke up, she watch birds with my mom.  The windows at my mom and dad's house are low enough that they are just the right size for Clara to look out of.  It was super cute!




We also dyed eggs for Clara's FIRST Easter.  She didn't really participate in the dying.  Instead, she would take an egg, put it into her mouth, and then smash it on the table.  Some of the dye then got on the egg white part, so when they were later eaten, they were super colorful!  She and my mom played with the stickers that came with the dye kit.  My mom would stick them onto the egg carton, and somehow Clara was able to pull them off with those little pudgy fingers of hers!  We made a pretty carton and pretty eggs!




 








 



My grandparents came over for a visit later that night.  It was nice to see them again, too.

Tune in tomorrow for what happened on Friday and Saturday... and a little more excitement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment