Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ketchup Potpourri

Haha!  Don't you like the title?  I, of course, mean catch up... but putting ketchup was more fun!

Whoops, forgot Clara's Easter basket!
I forgot to mention in the last post that Clara got an Easter basket full of goodies when we got home from the zoo.  She got a stuffed animal chick that says, "My First Easter," the book The Velveteen Rabbit, bubbles, and socks from my mom.  And, she got a big pink ball and 6 pink balls that have items inside that rattle and do other things.  She really likes everything that she got!









Instead of flowers
I also forgot to mention that on April 3rd I also got "flowers" from Caleb.  I have been having pretty bad allergies last year and this year.  So, this year, when Caleb sent me flowers for Valentines Day, I told him no more flowers.  (What?!  Am I crazy?!)  But, I got a call from a florist in Red Bud right before I left for home saying I had a delivery for when I made it home.  Well, my parents live out in the boonies at least 15 minutes away from Red Bud, so my mom picked it up for me.  I got a basket of fruit and chocolate... he knows me well!! 


Kansas storms
We didn't get blown away!  It was touch and go for a while with two trips to my little half bathroom downstairs for shelter, and I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30am Sunday morning.  Luckily, nothing hit Fort Riley! 

Children's Pre-deployment Event
On Sunday, Clara and I went to 1-4 CAV and 2-32 FA joint Children's Pre-deployment Event.  It was pretty awesome!  We got a backpack full of goodies (including a daddy doll, stuffed animal bear, and a dog tag with 1-4 CAV on it on a chain among many other things) when we first walked in and registered.  Then, we got some more free goodies at their dental/medical station.  I ate a hot dog while Clara ate some of the bun (what are hot dogs made out of, anyway).  And, we watched the police dogs do a demo.  After that, Clara got to get up close and personal with one of the dogs named Bach.  You wouldn't think a dog that just sunk his teeth into a man in a suit would be so nice!!  On the way out to the car, we stopped by the humvees and howitzers which were fun for Clara to play in and around.  Great job to all who planned the event!


Such a good dog in many ways!


"Driving" the humvee.

Beep, beep!!  Watch out!

She liked playing with the levers.


Wish this would have been Caleb's helmet.  But, it was heavy on her head and she didn't like it!

I wanted to have her stand next to the round... obviously that didn't happen!

Two 105mm Howitzers.

It was WINDY!!


I work out... I'm sexy and I know it!!
Clara is STRONG!!  She can lift my three pound weights!




Clara's swimming lessons
They got cancelled!!  I am SO disappointed!  They didn't have enough people signed up, and the next classes aren't until June (I'm hoping not to be in Kansas).

Feeling bad for Sookie
My poor dog sleeps a lot of the day.  I am so busy (yes, I'm a stay-at-home mom and I'm SUPER busy) that I don't do all that I can for/with her every day/week.  It makes me feel bad when she just looks at me with sad eyes.  I'm sorry, girl!  I promise you a W-A-L-K this week!

New foods for Clara
Clara finally tried grapes last night.  She LOVES them!  She was trying to twist around in her high chair before I started giving them to her.  When we got them on her tray, she started humming and shoveling them into her mouth!

Walking update
Clara walks instead of crawls most times if she is already standing from pulling up onto something.  She still can't stand up if she doesn't pull up on something, but I think that that will be soon!

Waiting for Caleb to call
I am getting SO nervous/excited for Caleb's call/text to tell me how he did at Special Forces selection!  He should call on Thursday sometime.  AHHHHH!!  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

Plans for the week
Today, I am planning to go for a neighborhood or golf course walk.  We might even hit up a playground.  Wednesday, my friend Amy is going to come hang out with me for the day.  We are going to do a workout with my friends, maybe go to the fish hatchery at Milford Lake, and who knows what else!  Thursday, we have a Parents as Teachers visit, and then after Clara's nap, we have a park play date with friends.  Sometime that day we will find out about Caleb!  On Friday, I have a workout with my trainer (so Clara will be going to hourly care), and Caleb's unit has a ball that I am going to... alone.  Finally on Saturday, my friend Jessy, her kids, and Clara and I are going to the Salina Zoo for their Party for the Planet.  And, Caleb will be home Saturday night regardless of what we find out on Thursday!  I'm excited for the rest of this busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment