Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fun Morning at Playgroup!

Today, Clara and I went to a playgroup at CYSS.  We were the first ones there, even though we were 15 minutes late.  (I got all the way there and realized I had forgotten my phone.  Luckily, I just live down the street from CYSS.)  Two other kids came during the two hour play date: Brady and David.  Brady is 2 1/2 years old and his mom, Megan, just had an ultrasound and found out that he will have a baby brother in just a few months.  I didn't get to talk to David's mom very much, but I think he is around 2 as well.

Anyway, Clara played with a walking toy and loved it.  We have one at home, but the wide open area of the room the playgroup was in was awesome for her to be walking a long way before turning around.  She walked and danced to the music that was playing and walked some more.  She would take the walking toy and go towards the children's sink.  She wanted to play in the water, but she couldn't reach the water when I turned it on.  She LOVES water!  I can't wait until her swimming lessons at the end of April.  She also liked playing with Legos, and I'm thinking that I may be getting her some for either Easter or her birthday.


After playing inside for a while, we went outside to play.  Clara rode around in a Cozy Coupe police car and a regular red Cozy Coupe car.  She loves them!  She doesn't quite know how to make them move forward by herself (she can go backward no problem).  And, when I want to push her forward, I have to hold at least one leg up because I don't want her to slide off of the seat or get her leg caught under her which doesn't make it too comfortable for me.  I don't think she is quite ready for one yet!


All in all, it was super fun!  I am thinking about going back to the playgroup tomorrow morning.  (For Fort Riley moms, the playgroup is Monday through Thursday 9-11am at CDC Building B off of Normandy.)  Clara didn't even stay awake for the 5 minute drive home from playgroup, fell back to sleep while I changed her, and went right to sleep in her crib.  That was some GOOD playing!!

So, I have to brag, Clara is SMART!  She heard dogs barking and said "ga" (her sound for dog).  So, I asked her, "Clara, what says 'meow, meow'" and she started saying "ca"!  Makes me so proud!  She amazes me everyday on what she knows.

Now, I better go figure out something for us to do this afternoon.  Maybe I will get some things crossed off Clara's birthday to do list.  Which brings me to an update: Option 1 has 7 votes and Option 2 has 6.  I think I finally know which one I'm personally leaning towards, so hurry and get your vote in!

No comments:

Post a Comment