Monday, February 6, 2012

POOP-pocalypse!!

We have a little bit of catching up to do!!


Last week we took Clara to the doctor.  She had been snotty, coughing, feverish, and pulling at her ear.  Sure enough, the doctor said she had an ear infection.  Now she is on Amoxicillin, and I think she is getting better.  But, any mother who has had their child on Amoxicillin knows that that stuff will make your kid POOP!!  Yesterday, she pooped seven times before I stopped counting.  Today, I changed her a total of 11 times... only two of them were non-poopy diapers!  (I know this because we cloth diaper.)  To make it even worse, Clara has started to roll over on the changing table when I change her.  So, I have to get everything ready, lay her down, give her a toy, change quickly, and hope that I can get one side fasten before she rolls over (I can put the other fastener on while she sits).  I CAN'T WAIT until she is done with this!      

Last week I was sick.  I never threw up, but I was feverish, achy, and all over feeling like poo.  This was okay only for one reason: Caleb got to stay in Kansas an extra day to take care of us!  He had to wake up at 2am thinking that he was going to work at 3am, but I couldn't get out of bed without feeling nauseous (NO, I am not pregnant).  So, they let him stay back a day to help me out.  He did SO much that day, and I CANNOT tell you how blessed I am to have that man in my life!!  I am now feeling MUCH better, but Caleb is gone to California for a month.

In other news, Caleb is scheduled for an MRI on March 5th!!  YAY!

Not much else has happened.  Now, I'm going to go enjoy some Double Stuf Oreos with some milk and watch my new addiction: House Hunters.  I promise, my next blog post won't take so long!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're all on the mend! That's great that Caleb was able to stay and help out for an extra day. Blessing in disguise? :)

    ReplyDelete