Monday, February 20, 2012

Clara's First Birthday Party Theme!!

Yes, I realize that it is February and her birthday isn't until May, but I have decided on a theme for Clara's 1st birthday party: Dr. Seuss/Theo LeSieg!! 

I have gotten a lot of DIY ideas for this party from Pinterest and just by looking at and knowing Dr. Seuss and Theo LeSieg books.  For example:

Invitations:
Printed on copies of book covers

Activities:
Silliest Socks Contest (Fox in Socks)
Oobleck to play with (Bartholomew and the Oobleck)
Footprint Cards (The Foot Book)


Food:
Fish in a Pot (from Cat in the Hat) = Goldfish in a teapot


Green Eggs (from Green Eggs and Ham) = Deviled eggs with green food coloring


Ham sandwiches (Green Eggs and Ham)
Apple Slices (Ten Apples Up on Top)
ABC Cookies (Dr. Seuss's ABC)
Red and White Hat Smash Cake (Cat in the Hat)
Pink Ink Yink Drink (From One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish) = Pink Lemonade

 
Favors:
Toothbrushes (The Tooth Book)


I would LOVE to get seeds or trees for people to take home and plant (The Lorax), but I'm not sure if that will be practical for military families or for my budget.
Some sort of something in a box/envelope made with maps (Oh The Places You'll Go)


Decorations:
Books

I'm sure a lot of these ideas will be changed and/or tweaked, but this is basically what I have so far.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!  I am REALLY excited about this!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! This foot print reminds me of Mother’s Day. My daughter was 6 months old when I dropped her at the day care. The care takers made an angel by printing her foot on the paper. It was beautiful, I got it framed last week only. Anyways, happy birthday to this little one, she is adorable. I am looking for one of the event halls for rent for her birthday party this year.

    ReplyDelete