Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bittersweetness

I woke up this morning and realized that this is the last Wednesday that I will be waking up in Kansas.  As much as I have wanted to get out of Kansas for a while now, I can't help but be sad about it.  This was our first home together... starting just a few days after we got married.  This was where I went through Caleb's first deployment, we had our first miscarriage, and I worked at the best job anyone could ever have!  This was also where we welcomed our beautiful baby girl!  We have SO many great friends here, too!!  This week, I have to say goodbye.  I don't want to be sad, because I'm excited for what the future has for us.  I also know that in the Army, it is never goodbye, only see you later.  But, in the end, I know that I will miss Kansas.  Thank you all for making Kansas such a GREAT three years!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since leaving is so bittersweet, I am adding a few other bittersweet things to this post.

The first is a video that a friend from high school posted this morning.  You may have already seen it on my Facebook, but here it is if you haven't.



The next one, is a little more sad than bittersweet.  It is a link to a little girl named Avery's blog.  I meant to share her blog a while ago now, but I've been so caught up in packing that I hadn't done it yet.  At just barely five months old, she was diagnosed with Spinal Muscle Atrophy (SMA).  SMA is an incurable genetic disease that causes babies to lose the ability to move their extremities, and kills them within 18 months to two years.  Her amazing parents took a devastating diagnosis, and made it a light-hearted bucket list written from Avery's perspective.  She has sadly died at almost six months old, but her parents are hoping that her short life will help make others aware of SMA.  Please read her blog, donate to the research groups, and talk to your OB about the genetic test!    

http://averycan.blogspot.com/

Even though bittersweet, I hope you are inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, we will miss you, too! You are a wonderful lady and in Christ there are no good-byes! If I don't see you here again, I'll see you at Home! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete